With New Year’s resolutions in mind, I will share my delicious and ‘almost’ Whole30 chocolate muffin recipe with you. They are yummy, easy to make, and are sweetened only with dates. January is a month to return to healthier foods that help you look and feel your best and still taste delicious, right? 😉
Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 very ripe bananas)
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup dates, pits removed and chopped roughly – (not Whole30 compliant)
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and line the muffin tin with paper liners. I use these non-stick liners because they peel off perfectly clean and leave your muffins pristine.
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender, such as Vitamix, and process on High until the batter is smooth, about 1 -2 minutes.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes.