These burgers are so good, you’ll never miss the bun! They are super juicy and take no time to make! What’s more, you can freeze a batch and have them ready for a rainy day!
Ingredients for burgers (makes 8*)
*I like to make some extra for leftovers
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion (grated or processed in a food processor)
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated or processed in a food processor)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Ingredients for arugula salad
- 4 cups of arugula
- 5-8 Parmesan cheese shavings
Ingredients for steamed broccoli
- 1 cup broccoli (steamed or, if frozen, thawed in the microwave)
- ¼ cup of slivered almonds (roasted)
Ingredients for lemon vinaigrette (use it on arugula salad and broccoli*)
*Feel free to combine arugula and Parmesan with broccoli and almonds to make it one dish. I separated it because of my kids. They won’t eat their broccoli if it is mixed with anything else. 🙂
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with foil and place a baking rack (I used a cookie rack) inside the pan. This way the extra fat can drip off.
- While the oven is preheating, saute the grated onion and garlic in a pan over medium heat about 2 minutes. Take it off the heat and let it cool down a bit.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ground beef and the onion-garlic mixture. Mix well and form 8 equal-sized hamburger patties. Try to make them as equal as possible to help them cook evenly.
- Place the patties on the rack and season them with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- While the burgers cook, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl or a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the grated garlic, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and the olive oil.
- Pour enough vinaigrette over arugula and broccoli to just moisten it, reserving the rest.
- Right before serving, add the Parmesan shavings and nuts to the salad and toss. Add more vinaigrette if needed.
- Once the burgers are cooked, let them cool and serve on the side, and add a little ketchup and/or mustard if you wish. 🙂