As the temperature drops, it is the perfect time to embrace the range of fall produce that is in season now. And what time of the year is more exciting to be in the kitchen than fall? This butternut squash and mushroom noodle bowl is full of flavors and is easy to make.
Servings: 4 – 6 people
- 1 package of Lo Mein Noodles, Soba, Rice or Buckwheat noodles (12.8 oz)
- 1 medium size butternut squash (peeled and seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms (washed and halved)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) – about 2 inch piece
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts (chopped and roasted)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees and cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set a side.
- Place the squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender, turning once with a metal spatula. Stir in mushrooms and spinach and roast for another 4 – 5 minutes, until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce (except the peanuts) and pour it over the noodles. Toss well to combine.
- To serve, place the noodles on a plate and top with roasted vegetables.
- Sprinkle each plate with peanuts and serve immediately!