Our kitchen has been the busiest room in our house lately. Kate (age 3-1/2) and Emily (2) love to hang out in the kitchen with me and help. A few days ago we dipped some bananas in chocolate, sprinkled them with coconut and froze them. Mmmmhhh…. Simple and tasty
- 2 ripe bananas (peeled and cut crosswise)
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- Insert a bamboo skewer into each half and place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently. Pour the chocolate into a tall glass and dip each banana into chocolate until well covered.
- Place the chocolate covered bananas on a baking sheet and sprinkle with coconut.
- Freeze until frozen, for about 2 hours.
We had a bit of melted chocolate and coconut left over that I didn’t want to go to waste. So we made chocolate covered pretzels. If you don’t have pretzels, use any crackers or potato chips you have in your pantry. Sweet and salty!
Ingredients For Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups salted mini pretzels
- melted leftover chocolate
- leftover shredded coconut
- Place the pretzels on a tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle the melted chocolate straight out of the glass. Sprinkle with coconut and place into the fridge for 10-15 minutes.