Oven roasted sweet potatoes with crispy bacon is a favorite side dish in our house. Bacon is somewhat a magic ingredient. If I add it to salads and vegetables, my girls start to show interest in the food on their plate 🙂 This dish also reminds me a bit of the fall, and I am considering adding this side dish to our Thanksgiving table!
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces crispy bacon (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 475 F degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 1/2-inch cubes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together and spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes and then sprinkle the minced garlic over the potatoes and continue to roast until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- While roasting, turn the potatoes a few times with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with crispy bacon and serve immediately.