Missing the sunshine during this winter? This lemon tart doesn’t just look like a burst of sunshine but has a filling that is super creamy with an intense sunny flavor!
Ingredients for Lemon Tart
- 12 tablespoons cold butter (cubed)
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a food processor, combine the flour and confectioners’ sugar and pulse until well combined. Add the butter, egg yolks, and water and process until the dough forms a ball.
- Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Place in the center of an 10-inch round loose-bottom tart pan and press evenly over the bottom of the pan with your fingers, then work the dough up the sides with your thumbs making sure that the finished edge is flat. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once chilled, line the dough with parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper, return to the oven, and bake additional 8-10 minutes, until the pie dough is firm. Let cool and make the filling!
Ingredients for Lemon Tart Filling
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- Heath the lemon juice and zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring almost to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar together in a small bowl until well combined. Slowly drizzle the eggs into the lemon mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook the egg mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Immediately pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Stir in the butter. Once all of the butter melts and is fully incorporated, pour the lemon curd into the the tart shell.
- Place it in the oven until the curd is just set. It’ll take about 5 minutes.