Happy Friday friends! I can’t wait for this week to be over. We’ve had so much heavy rain here in South Florida and it doesn’t look like it will be over any day soon. So what do you do when you are stuck at home? You bake, cook, and clean, right? 🙂 My girls and I made mini tarts and pies, chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate banana ice cream, and monkey bread this week! Crazy, I know! Aside from making sugar cookies, I find that monkey bread is the best dessert you can make with your kids because they can help. Kids love to play with food, so let them do what they do best. It’s super easy and fun! They loved
playing, helping me while creating something yummy!
Ingredients for the bread
- Store-bought Pizza dough (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
Ingredients for the coating
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (chopped)
Ingredients for the icing
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and lightly butter a Bundt cake pan with a brush. (Any cake pan will do).
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts until well combined.
- Dip dough pieces into melted butter and shake off excess before dredging the dough pieces into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until well-coated.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon-sugar mixture into the cake pan and fill with dough pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes and make the icing.
- Place confectioners’ sugar and milk into a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Allow to cool and turn upside down to release bread from pan.
- Drizzle icing and serve.
P.S. The monkey bread turned out to be so good that I am considering making it for Christmas morning. Kids might have more fun pulling the dough pieces from the cake than eating it! 🙂