It’s grilling season. Time to kick back and enjoy this beautiful summer weather. Summertime calls for bright colors and flavors. This pineapple avocado salsa is a perfect combination between sweet and spicy and can be served with grilled tuna, pork chops, or as an appetizer with chips.
- 1 large ripe golden pineapple, peeled, cored, grilled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 ripe nectarine/peach (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos (optional – if you like your salsa spicy)
- In a medium size bowl, combine, the diced pineapple, scallions, sesame seeds, zest, lime juice, avocado, bell pepper and jalapenos. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the nectarine or peach, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour over the salsa and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for one hour and serve.