Fall is less than a month away and if I think of fall dessert, pumpkins and apples come to mind. And what could possibly be better than combining the two? Pumpkin apple butter blends the season’s best flavors. You will find many ways to eat this delicious pumpkin apple butter …
- 3 apples (peeled and cubed)
- 1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple cider
- juice of an orange (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
You can find more fall recipes here.