These pumpkin cupcakes are moist, and are topped with cream cheese frosting and candied pecans. They are delicious in the fall, or any other time of the year.
Ingredients For Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the batter. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half-way, and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Ingredients For Icing
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz of cream cheese or mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light, using an electric hand mixer.
- Add butter, sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat until creamy and thickened.
Ingredients For Candied Pecans
- 1/3 cup of pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- In a small sauce pan, place the sugar and the water and mix with a fork until all of the sugar is moistened. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar melts. Don’t stir just swirl the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the mixture becomes a clear golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, salt, and the nuts. Toss until the nuts are completely coated.
- Pour the nut mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread out in one layer. Let cool.
- Once hardened, break the nuts into bite-size clusters.
- Pipe the frosting or apply it with with a spatula to the cupcakes and sprinkle with candied nuts.
Note: Also, try the Pumpkin Bars as seen in the picture.