Fall in love with these delicious Pumpkin Pecan Bars with a crunchy homemade crust.
Ingredients For The Crust
- 1 stick of butter (cold and cubed)
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans (toasted & finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a shallow 9-inch square pan with butter, then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger until the mixture forms little flakes. Add pumpkin puree and egg yolk. Pulse until the dough comes together. It should be moist, but not wet.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and sprinkle the nuts on top. Set aside.
Ingredients For The Filling
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time and slowly add the half & half.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
Note: Try these yummy Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting And Candied Pecans as seen the picture.