This raspberry chia seed jam recipe was an inspiration from the Food Network show “The Kitchen”. Katie Lee was talking about her favorite raspberry chia seed jam and as soon as I heard “chia seeds” I knew I had to try to recreate it. I had no sugar and no fresh fruit to cook a jam. But I had frozen raspberries and chia seeds. After my berries defrosted and the chia seeds plumped up, I decided that cooking wasn’t even necessary. It tasted delicious uncooked. Trust me and give the recipe below a try!
- 24 oz – frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 lemon
- 2 -4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place the frozen raspberries, chia seeds, and the juice of the lemon in a medium size bowl.
- Cover the mixture and let it sit to defrost on the counter.
- Once the berries are soft, use a fork or a potato masher to combine the mixture and mash to desired consistency.
- Add 2 – 4 tablespoons of maple and stir well to combine.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge until the jam is thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Consume within a week.