Yesterday, my new Gwyneth Paltrow book “It’s all good” was delivered, and I couldn’t put it down the moment I opened it. There were so many great recipes that I couldn’t wait to try. “Roasted Cauliflower + Chickpeas with Mustard + Parsley” was one of them that I had to try for lunch the next day! The perfectly roasted chickpeas and the gently browned cauliflower was delicious and extremely satisfying.
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed, drained, & dried)
- 1 head cauliflower (washed & cut into bite-sized florets)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toss together the cauliflower and chickpeas with olive oil.
- Season with salt and roast until everything is brown and the cauliflower is soft, about 40-45 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley (I used 1 teaspoon Thyme)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and pour over the still-warm cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with parsley or thyme and serve warm or at room temperature.