Enjoy bell peppers stuffed with ground chicken and a vegetable of your choice! Seasoned and baked to perfection!
This recipe was an inspiration from “The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom“.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium size onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (minced)
- 2-3 kale leaves (remove the stems and chop the leaves finely)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup vegetable of your choice (butternut squash, broccoli, spinach, mushroom etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Himalayan Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and prepare the peppers by gently cutting off the tops and carefully removing the seeds, keeping the peppers and tops intact.
- Place the peppers and tops in a baking dish and bake until slightly soft, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat and add the onions, celery, and garlic. Saute and stir until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and place the kale/onion mixture into a large bowl.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, and cumin, and cook, stirring and breaking the meat up, until browned and mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of butternut squash (or whatever vegetable you like) and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Stuff each pepper with the chicken/vegetable mixture and add 2 tablespoons of water to the baking dish before returning it to the oven.
- Bake for additional 8 – 10 minutes, until the chicken is slightly browned on top.